The articles and videos listed here are about programs and projects that were funded by the annual AARP Community Challenge, a "quick-action" grant program to make communities more livable for people of all ages. Read more about the challenge, and find lists of all the grantees, by visiting AARP.org/CommunityChallenge.
- The grant projects for 2019 must be completed by November 4, 2019. Articles will be added as they are created after that date.
- Storm Drains that Send a Message (Fairbanks, Alaska)
- How Chess Can Reconnect a Community (Mason-Bibb, Georgia)
- How a Party in the Streets Can Create a Community (Washington, D.C.)
- 10 Tips for Making Businesses Friendlier to Kupuna (or Older Adults) (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Growing Food So a Neighbor Can Eat (Jamestown, Rhode Island)
- Quiz: 10 Questions from the Age-Friendly Game 'Boomer.rology' (San Diego, California)
- New Hampshire Says Yes to ADUs (New Hamsphire)
- See an Example of a Complete Street (Fort Wayne, Indiana)
- Neighbors Provide Many Helping Hands (Fort Worth, Texas, and Charlston/Kanawha Valley, West Virginia)
- Raised-Bed Gardening (Bowdoinham, Maine, and Hartford, Connecticut)