Discover tools to manage your hearing from the AARP Hearing Center.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. By enrolling in this program, you agree to the following terms and conditions that govern the AARP Rewards Program.
AARP Rewards (the "Program") is a loyalty program for eligible individuals (“Participants” or, individually, the “Participant”) starting on September 24, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Participants can earn Rewards Points (or “Points”) (1) for enrollment and how they set up their Rewards Account, (2) by participating in “Online Activities” within the AARP.org site, (3) participating "Fitness Activities” completed after synching with eligible fitness trackers, and (4) by participating in other AARP engagement activities (collectively “Activities”). AARP paid members will earn a premium number of Rewards Points for most Activities. Participants must register for the Program accepting these Terms and Conditions before they can earn Rewards Points. Participants may use their Rewards Points to purchase items, to make charitable contributions, and to play chance to win games. All of these options are listed in the rewards catalog ("Rewards Catalog").
Sponsor: AARP, 601 E Street, NW, Washington DC 20049
Administrator: Merkle Inc. ("HelloWorld"), 3000 Town Center, Floor 21, Southfield, MI 48075
A. Eligibility and Registration
1. The Program is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Corporations or other entities or organizations of any kind are not eligible for the Program. All aspects of the Program may not be available to employees of AARP, AKQA, Inc, Administrator and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee. The Program is void where prohibited.
3. Participants are not required to be AARP Members (persons who have paid for an annual membership). However, AARP Members will receive an additional number of Rewards Points for most completed Activities or may be offered special points earning opportunities. In addition, AARP Members will have access to exclusive items in the Rewards Catalog that will not be offered to non-Members who have a Rewards Account.
4. Sponsor will notify Participants about Account Balances: By signing up for this Program, Participants hereby agree to receive email messaging regarding account balances to the email address associated with his/her AARP.org online account.
5. Rewards Account Termination: Should a Participant seek to cancel or de-activate their AARP Rewards account, he/she should contact AARP Consumer Care at 866-451-6305. Re-engagement with the program requires re-opting into the Program Terms and Conditions and user will have zero (0) points at the time of re-engagement.
B. Duration, Modification and Termination of the Program
The Program’s Terms and Conditions may change at any time as Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify or cancel the Program, at its discretion, with or without notice. Termination, modification or suspension may affect a Participant's ability to redeem accumulated Rewards Points earned. If Program is terminated for any reason all accumulated Points in Participants' Accounts will expire. By continuing to participate in the Program, Participants agree to any changes made to the Program. It is Participants’ obligation to check back for updates to the Program’s Terms and Conditions.
C. Earning Rewards Points
1. Definitions: Earning Frequency for Rewards Points:
12:00 a.m. ET – 11:59 p.m. ET
Sunday at 12:00 a.m. ET – Saturday at 11:59 p.m. ET
12:00 a.m. ET on first day of month – 11:59 p.m. ET on last day of the month
2. Earning Limits for Rewards Points: There is a limit to the number of Rewards Points that each Participant can earn each Calendar Day. Members can earn at least 7,500 Rewards Points and Non-Members can earn at least 5,000 Rewards Points each Calendar Day. Once Participants have earned 7,450 Rewards Points (for Members) or 4,950 Rewards Points (for Non-Members), they are able to select and earn points for one (1) additional Activity that offers no more than 500 Rewards Points. Members can earn a maximum of 7,950 Rewards Points and Non-Members can earn a maximum of 5,450 Rewards Points each Calendar Day.
3. Earn Rewards Points based on your Rewards Account Status & Settings: Rewards Participants will receive Rewards Points for enrolling in this Program, logging into their AARP.org online account, opting in to receive email communications (“newsletters”) from Sponsor, becoming and/or renewing AARP membership, activating in Staying Sharp, and downloading (or if already downloaded, updating) the AARP Now mobile application. The number of Rewards Points offered for these activities may depend on whether you are an AARP Member as illustrated below:
Activity is subject to Daily Earning Limit
Enroll in the Rewards Program
1,500 Rewards Points
1,000 Rewards Points
Daily Login to AARP.org online account
15 Rewards Points
10 Rewards Points
One time per calendar day
Activate “Staying Sharp”
Opt-in to Receive one AARP Newsletter (You can earn points for each eligible Newsletter that you subscribe.)
750 Rewards Points
500 Rewards Points
Download or Update (if already downloaded) the AARP Now mobile application
(Points only available to participants who have already enrolled in the Rewards Program)
Become an AARP Member
One time per year
Renew AARP Membership
Select Membership Auto-Renewal
4. Earn Rewards Points for Engagement with Online Activities: Participants can also earn Rewards Points for engagement with components on the AARP.org website that include: Games, Quizzes, Tools and Videos (collectively “Online Activity”). Each Online Activity will include a badge* indicating that participants may earn Rewards Points and the specific number Rewards Points that Participant will earn. All Online Activities are subject to the Daily Earning Limit described in Section 2. Participants may view the Rewards Points earning limits for all activities by visiting the Rewards Program Earn Page. AARP Members will receive a premium number of Rewards Points offered for Online Activities.
*Look for this badge on the AARP.org site to find Online Activities that you can complete to earn Rewards points.
5. Earn Rewards Points For Fitness Activities (must sync with fitness tracking device): Participants can earn Rewards Points by syncing an “Eligible Fitness Tracker” (list available within the FAQ page) to the AARP Now mobile app and completing walking/running, swimming, and cycling milestones (each a “Fitness Activity”). NOTE: Participant should consult a physician before engaging is any exercise plan. Participant assumes all risks associated with participation in these Fitness Activities. To sync an Eligible Fitness Tracker, visit the Rewards Program Earn Page and click the ‘Sync your fitness tracker’ link in the AARP Now mobile app and follow links and instructions to select your device from the list of available Eligible Fitness Trackers confirm your intent to and sync your device to AARP’s Rewards program (including agreement to applicable privacy policies). Once synched, every time Participants participate in an eligible Fitness Activity using their Fitness Tracker, Sponsor will receive tracking information from the Fitness Tracker and will deposit Rewards Points into Participants account on the Calendar Day following the completion of the Fitness Activity. Participants can confirm receipt of these Rewards Points by checking the Point Transaction History. Rewards Points earned for Fitness Activities are subject to the daily earning limits; these Rewards Points will generally be deposited into Participants account between 12:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m. ET each day. Note, Sponsor is not liable if Participant does not follow directions and use of the fitness trackers. Any damage to a fitness tracker is the sole responsibility of the Participant.
The number of Rewards Points offered for each of milestones associated with each Fitness Activity will depend on whether you are an AARP Member or not, as described below:
Steps: 10,000 Steps in a Calendar Day
150 Rewards Points
100 Rewards Points
One time per day
Walking/Running: 30 Miles in a Calendar Week – Bonus
One time per calendar week
Walking/Running: 120 Miles in a Calendar Month - Bonus
One time per calendar month
Biking: 5 Miles in a Calendar Day
Biking: 25 Miles in a Calendar Week - Bonus
Biking: 250 Miles in a Calendar Month – Bonus
Swimming: 500 meters/546 yards in a Calendar Day - Bonus
Swimming: 1,500 meters/1,640 yards in a Calendar Week - Bonus
Swimming: 6,000 meters/6,561 yards in a Calendar Month - Bonus
6. Special Offers and Bonus Rewards Points: Sponsor may also offer Rewards Points through promotional offers or as Bonus Rewards Points to some or all Participants for limited time periods. These offers may be communicated on AARP.org or by email to those Participants who have opted in to receiving Rewards email communications. In either case, details including how to earn the Rewards Points (for both AARP Members and Non-Members) will be provided.
D. The Rewards Catalog
1. The Rewards Catalog will contain items (“Rewards”) that can be purchased using Rewards Points or cash (Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal or credit card are supported), items that are offered through Sweepstakes and Instant Win Games (where you can redeem Rewards Points to play for a chance to win items listed), and from time to time the opportunity to contribute your points to the AARP Foundation. Details, including the time frame that each item, promotional game or contribution opportunity is available, and the number of Rewards Points required will be displayed within the Rewards Catalog. It is important to note that if a Participant attempts to redeem an item for cash, but is idle for more than 60 minutes, the Participant is required to re-login for security purposes.
2. Rewards Points can be used immediately upon deposit into a Participant's Rewards Account, or they may be saved for use at a later date according to our points expiration policy (refer to Section F. 2.). The total number of Points a Participant can use to redeem for an item is the number of Points he or she has available in his/her Account.
3. There are limitations to Reward Point redemption, purchase of items in the Rewards Catalog, and prizes that Participants may win through Sweepstakes and Instant Win Games. These limitations are provided in the Reward Catalog.
4. Items offered in the Rewards Catalog are available while supplies last. Sponsor will modify the items available in the Rewards Catalog, as well as their corresponding Rewards Point costs, at any time for any reason.
5. All redemptions for items from the Rewards Catalog, including redemption of Rewards Points for digital or physical rewards, to contribute points to the AARP Foundation, to enter a Sweepstakes, or to play an Instant Win Game are final and the Rewards Points will be deducted immediately from the Participant's Account.
6. Most physical Rewards items will be delivered within 5 – 11 business days from the time the Rewards Points are redeemed to the residential address provided or confirmed by Participant at the time of Rewards Point Redemption. The address used for physical redemptions will be sourced by the address provided by the Participant for their AARP.org Online Account. Participant will be required to provide or confirm the shipping address information for each applicable redemption. Digital Rewards items will be delivered to the Participant’s email address associated with their AARP.org Online Account within a maximum of 24 hours, after any required documentation is completed. Sponsor is not responsible for Rewards sent to incorrect addresses, and any such Rewards will not be replaced. Participants are responsible for shipping costs unless otherwise communicated and displayed within the AARP Rewards Catalog. The time frame for delivery of prizes won in Sweepstakes or Instant Win Games will be outlined in the Official Rules for each Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game. Participants can claim offers “near you” by printing coupons or, if claimed while using a smart phone, the coupon may be downloaded directly to your smart phone.
7. Participants are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with use of any Rewards not stated in the Rewards Catalog as being provided. Rewards are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Participants may not substitute, assign or sell Rewards or redeem a Rewards for cash. All Rewards details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. No refunds (cash or Rewards Points), will be provided on any Rewards item. If for any reason a Rewards item is received damaged, becomes unavailable, or cannot be fulfilled, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will replace the Rewards item with one of equal or greater value. Participant is responsible for escalating issues regarding defects directly to AARP Consumer Care or the brand or manufacturer. Neither the Sponsor nor Administrator is liable for damaged goods.
9. Gift cards, local coupon offers, experiences, services and certain other types of Rewards items may have additional terms and restrictions, of which Participants are responsible for making themselves aware. Additionally, gift cards and coupons should be treated by Participants like cash and will not be replaced by Sponsor if they are lost or stolen. Participants are responsible for paying all costs and expenses that might be reasonably incurred by the Participant in receiving or using Rewards items that are not specifically included with the Reward, including but not limited to taxes, non-use fees or other expenses.
1. Participants are responsible for the payment of all taxes which may result from participation in the Program.
2. Participants may be required to complete tax documents, including an IRS W-9 or equivalent, in order to receive prizes valued at $600 or more won through Sweepstakes and/or Instant Win Games within the Rewards Catalog or if they win multiple prizes with an aggregate value of $600 or more in one calendar year. Participant will then receive an IRS Form 1099 reporting the total value of all prizes won for the applicable calendar year.
3. If Participant selects to give Reward Points to the AARP Foundation, Participant should consult with a tax adviser regarding whether this contribution is deductible under U.S. tax rules and regulations.
F. Rewards Points: Value, Expiration, & Forfeiture
1. No Cash Value or Transferability. Points do not constitute property, do not entitle Participant to a vested right or interest and have no cash value. As such, Rewards points are not redeemable for cash, transferable or assignable for any reason, and are not transferable upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise by operation of law. The sale or transfer of Rewards points is strictly prohibited. Rewards points may not be sold on any secondary market, and any transfer of Rewards points to a secondary market shall be deemed void. Any Rewards Points remaining in a Participant’s Rewards Account if the Program is canceled will be forfeited without compensation. There shall be no carry over or transfer of Rewards Points to other Sponsor programs, unless otherwise determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. As such, all Rewards Points and redemptions are only associated with the email address of the Rewards account.
2. Point Expiration/Forfeiture and Account Deactivation. Points earned will expire on the first day of the month one year after they were earned. For example, points earned in September will expire on October 1st of the following year. Accounts will only be deactivated if Participant requests deactivation or if Sponsor determines that Participant has engaged in fraudulent behavior in violation of the Program Terms and Conditions. If re-engagement with the program is permitted, it will require opting into the program Terms and Conditions and user will have zero (0) points at the time of re-engagement.
3. Accrued Points Viewable in Participant’s Rewards Account. The number of Rewards Points earned by each Participant will be tracked in the Participant’s Rewards Account. Unless otherwise stated, once Points are earned they will be credited to Participant’s account within approximately twenty-four (24) hours. However, each Participant will have the responsibility of ensuring that his/her Points are properly credited. Any claim for Points not credited accurately must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date of claimed accrual of such Points. Manual issuance of Rewards Points depends on the nature of the issue and can take up to thirty (30) days. Sponsor shall have no liability for any printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors in the Rewards Points summaries or Participant Rewards Account. Sponsor reserves the right to invalidate Rewards Points from a Participant Rewards Account if it determines that such Points were improperly credited, obtained fraudulently or through a gaming technique that violates the intent of these Terms and Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of accrual of Rewards Points and Sponsor reserves the right to delay the processing or redemption of any Rewards Points without notice to Participants in order to assure compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Participants are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their Participant Rewards Accounts and passwords and for restricting access to their Devices and activity on their Participant Rewards Account, and Participants agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under their Rewards Account. Without limiting any other remedies, Sponsor may suspend or terminate a Participant’s Rewards Account, or deem a Participant ineligible from playing or winning chance to win opportunities if Sponsor suspects that a Participant has engaged in fraudulent activity or gaming technique that violates the intent of the Program Terms and Conditions in connection with the Program. Any failure to abide by these Terms and Conditions or any policies or procedures implemented by Sponsor, any conduct detrimental to Sponsor, or any misrepresentation or fraudulent activities in connection with the Program may result in the termination of participation in the Program, forfeiture of Rewards Points accrued to date, and any rights or remedies available to Sponsor in law or equity.
G. General Terms and Conditions
1. Participant agrees that he/she will not share his/her log-in credentials with anyone else and will keep secure his/her account. Participant represents that all points were validly earned by Participant and not by another individual.
2. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the eligibility of any Participant whose account shows signs of fraud, gaming, cheating, abuse or other suspicious activity or if Participant uses or is suspected of using the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or any federal or state laws, statutes or ordinances. In addition to suspension or discontinuance of Program eligibility, Sponsor shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action against such persons.
3. Any attempt by a person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor may seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of this, or any other provision.
4. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, the availability of Rewards or a Participant's compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating, Participants agree that all decisions made by Sponsor or its designated agents regarding the Program, Rewards or Participant's eligibility are final.
5. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants for the Program.
6. The Program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
H. Limitation of Liability
1. Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and promotional and advertising agencies are not responsible for any printing or computer error, omission, interruption, irregularity, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Program materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of Program information due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet. In the event that online access is temporarily corrupted and suspended, notice of such will be shared with AARP Consumer Care and the AARP Rewards Online Community. Participants will be advised (1) that they are unable to earn Rewards Points, and (2) that they are unable to redeem Rewards Points until such time that the Program, as originally intended, may be resumed, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
2. By participating in the Program, each Participant accepts all responsibility for, and hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, promotion and advertising agencies, franchisees, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and successors, assigns, and service providers from and against any claims, liabilities, damages or expenses that may arise from actions taken by such Participant and/or Participant’s participation in the Program, or for any harm or injury caused by any third party.
3. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, FRANCHISEES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM OR ANY PURCHASED OR REDEEMED ITEM, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING OR ANY OF THEIR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR IMPROPERLY DENIES A PARTICIPANT ANY REDEEMED ITEM, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EQUIVALENT FAIR MARKET VALUE OF ITEM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, A PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION OR OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED.
4. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES SOLD THROUGH THE PROGRAM. Those include any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
5. As a condition of participating in the Program, Participant agrees that, except where prohibited, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Program or any item purchased therein shall be resolved exclusively by the appropriate court located in Michigan. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, Participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of HelloWorld or Sponsor in connection with the Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Michigan.
6. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
© 2020 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.
You are leaving AARP.org and going to the website of our trusted provider. The provider’s terms, conditions and policies apply. Please return to AARP.org to learn more about other benefits.
Your email address is now confirmed.
You'll start receiving the latest news, benefits, events, and programs related to AARP's mission to empower people to choose how they live as they age.
You can also manage your communication preferences by updating your account at anytime. You will be asked to register or log in.
In the next 24 hours, you will receive an email to confirm your subscription to receive emails
related to AARP volunteering. Once you confirm that subscription, you will regularly
receive communications related to AARP volunteering. In the meantime, please feel free
to search for ways to make a difference in your community at