AARP Purpose Prize honorees tell a new story of aging—one full of meaningful impact and limitless possibilities. The Call for Applications for the AARP Purpose Prize runs from November 12, 2019 to March 31, 2020. If you are interested in applying, use this checklist to measure the strength of your application. Learn more and apply here.
What makes a strong AARP Purpose Prize applicant?
- You are 50 or older
- You are the founder or co-founder of your organization
- Your organization is a registered non-profit (501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4))
- You began the work you do after the age of 40
- You are a US citizen or legal resident
- You can clearly document the impact of your organization’s work
- There is a connection in your own life that drew you to the work you do
- Your organization uses innovative approaches to an existing or emerging problem
- While your work can be international in scope, it is based in the US.