- Each AARP Purpose Prize Winner’s founded 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) nonprofit organizations will receive $50,000. Each AARP Purpose Prize Fellow’s founded 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization will receive $5,000. Our hope is that the funds will be used for future work towards the greater social good.
- The opportunity for their stories and work to be promoted across a variety of media channels
- Membership in the AARP Purpose Prize “class” of honorees -- a peer community of learning
- Yearlong individualized support to help further organizational goals
- Inclusion in the full AARP Purpose Prize alumni network
Application cycle dates
The Call for Applications for the AARP Purpose Prize runs from November 12, 2019 to April 30, 2020.
UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, AARP is extending the deadline for the AARP Purpose Prize award call for applications. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2020. Please review our rules for other updates to the award timeline.
- You are 50 or older
- You are the founder or co-founder of your organization
- Your organization is a registered non-profit (501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4))
- You began the work you do after the age of 40
- You are a US citizen or legal resident
- You can clearly document the impact of your organization’s work
- There is a connection in your own life that drew you to the work you do
- Your organization uses innovative approaches to an existing or emerging problem
- While your work can be international in scope, it is based in the US.