The AARP® Purpose Prize® award is a one-of-a-kind national award that honors people age 50-plus who are using their life experience to make a better future for us all. The award recognizes nonprofit founders with $50,000 for their organizations and a year of supports and resources to help broaden their impact. Examples of current supports include one-on-one leadership coaching for founders, data and evaluation consulting, succession planning, prospectus development, social media and branding support, and more.
- October 25, 2023: New application cycle opens. Apply here.
- February 29, 2024: Applications are due by 5 p.m. (ET)
- Late July 2024: All applicants are notified by email of their status
- You will be 50 years of age or older at the application deadline (February 29, 2024)
- You are the founder or co-founder of your organization
- You started the organization for which you are applying at the age of 40 or older
- You still have an active role in the organization
- You are a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- Your organization is a Section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) non-profit exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Your organization’s principal place of business is in the U.S. (though its work might be international in scope)
- Your organization’s work is not exclusively religious