Applications for the 2022 Purpose Prize awards will open soon. If you’d like us to contact you when the application site goes live, please fill out this online form.
- Each AARP Purpose Prize Winner’s founded 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) nonprofit organizations will receive $50,000. Each AARP Purpose Prize Fellow’s founded 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization will receive $5,000. Our hope is that the funds will be used for future work towards the greater social good.
- The opportunity for their stories and work to be promoted across a variety of media channels
- Membership in the AARP Purpose Prize “class” of honorees -- a peer community of learning
- Yearlong individualized support to help further organizational goals
- Inclusion in the full AARP Purpose Prize alumni network
Application cycle dates
The 2019/2020 deadline has passed. Check back soon for details on the next call for applications.
- You are 50 or older
- You are the founder or co-founder of your organization
- Your organization is a registered non-profit (501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4))
- You began the work you do after the age of 40
- You are a US citizen or legal resident
- You can clearly document the impact of your organization’s work
- There is a connection in your own life that drew you to the work you do
- Your organization uses innovative approaches to an existing or emerging problem
- While your work can be international in scope, it is based in the US.