Patricia Polansky is director of program development and implementation at the Center to Champion Nursing in America, an initiative of AARP Foundation, AARP, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to improve America’s health through nursing. Pat directs policy and program strategies for the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action, a national initiative of those same organizations to transform health care through nursing and build healthier communities for everyone in America, with a focus on leadership, nursing education, and interprofessional collaboration.
Ms. Polansky served as assistant commissioner for the Division of Aging and Community Services (DACS) in the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, where she oversaw programs increasing access to services for the state’s 1.5 million older adults, improving their well-being and allowing them to live independently in their communities. She oversaw 12 federal grants and led New Jersey’s efforts toward long-term care reform.
Before joining DACS, she was executive director of the New Jersey Board of Nursing, was cofounder of a health care consulting firm, and worked in hospital executive management roles for more than 20 years. She also held nursing positions at both the staff and supervisory levels and is a registered nurse in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. She is the recipient of the Governor’s Nursing Merit Award and the outstanding alumna designation from the University of Pennsylvania’s College of Nursing, among other honors.
Ms. Polansky served as president of the National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities and an adjunct professor at Fairleigh Dickinson University, University of Pennsylvania, New York University, and Rutgers University. She holds a master’s degree in community health from Rutgers University and an undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Immediate Past President, National Association of State Units on Aging and Disabilities
- Member, National Council on Aging Leadership Council
- Fellow, Balancing Long Term Care
- Member, Social Policy Committee, Society on Aging of New Jersey
- Children of Chernobyl Relief Fund Board of Directors
- College of Osteopathic Health Executives Board of Directors
- Statewide Health Coordinating Council—Appointed by Governor Thomas Kean
- New Jersey State Nurses Association Board of Directors
- New Jersey State Nurses Association President, Constituency #1
- New York University Faculty Advisory Panel—Institute for Leadership