Join hundreds of elected officials, planning professionals, local leaders and community advocates from throughout the nation to learn from livability experts, connect with peers who are driving community change; and visit innovative projects and programs in and around Charlotte. This conference is for anyone who's committed to making their state, county, city, town or neighborhood a great place for people of all ages during all life's stages.
WHEN: November 12-14, 2018
Activities will begin on the evening of Monday, November 12. We'll have a full day of sessions and activities on Tuesday, November 13, and up until the afternoon of Wednesday, November 14.
LOCATION: The Westin Charlotte, 601 S. College Street, Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
(Scroll down for hotel information)
THEME: Sustaining the Momentum: Engaging People, Partners and Policy Makers
- See the Conference Schedule
- Read descriptions of Breakout Sessions for November 13
- Read descriptions of the Breakout Sessions for November 14
- Get a preview of the Mobile Workshops and a slideshow tour of the city
NEW THIS YEAR! AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for many activities at this event. Learn more about AICP’s CM program.
- The $500 registration fee includes access to all conference activities, including the opening reception and mobile workshops. Registrants are responsible for their own travel to, from and within Charlotte as well as for their hotel accommodations and non-conference meals.
- Exhibit tables, which include two complimentary admissions, are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for a $1,000 fee.
QUESTIONS: Please email AARP Livable Communities
Following are links for the host hotel and two hotels within walking distance of the conference location. The hotels are not offering a conference rate.
- The Westin Charlotte
601 S. College Street, 704-375-2600
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Uptown
401 E. Martin Luther King Boulevard, 704-940-2517
- Hilton Charlotte Center City
222 East Third Street, 704-377-1500
Photo from iStock