Prevent and Fight Exploitation. Become BankSafe Today!
The BankSafe training platform (PDF) launches its pilot phase in May 2018. Participating financial institutions will be among the first to complete the training that improves how financial institutions serve some of their most valuable customers: older Americans. BankSafe empowers frontline employees to identify red flags for financial exploitation and develop skills to ensure older Americans are not defrauded out of their hard-earned money. AARP has partnered with a leader in digital learning and instructional design and collaborated with more than 200 bank and credit union experts to develop BankSafe.
This first-of-its-kind course is free, interactive and self-paced. Designed with the frontline-user in mind, the BankSafe training:
- Includes interactive modules, real-life scenarios and fun games to test skills;
- Provides short, bite-size education and training activities; and
- Allows users to train and monitor their progress at their own pace.
In addition to obtaining early access to this robust training, the financial institutions participating in the BankSafe pilot will also be participating in a study to measure the course's effectiveness and impact.
The BankSafe pilot is currently underway in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MN, OH, OR, TN, UT and VT. Registration for the pilot phase is now closed. To be notified when the BankSafe training is available in your state or if you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BankSafe is an initiative that empowers financial institutions to protect consumers from financial exploitation and keep retirement savings safe. The average financial exploitation victim loses $120,000-almost the average amount of a 50 year old’s entire retirement savings. So it is not surprising that four out of five older consumers cite fighting exploitation as a motivator in choosing their financial institution. BankSafe has ignited a movement that mobilizes the financial services frontlines to protect Older Americans and their savings-before the money leaves the account.
BankSafe Overview (PDF)
- Snapshots: Banks Empowering Customers and Fighting Exploitation (PDF)
- Preventing Exploitation: Five Banks Leading the Fight (PDF)
- Spotting the Red Flags of Financial Exploitation Tip Sheet (PDF)
- Deciphering Dementia at Your Institution Tip Sheet (PDF)
- Is a Joint Account Right For Me Infographic (PDF)
- Screensaver (coming soon)
- AARP's BankSafe Initiative: A Comprehensive Approach to Better Serving and Protecting Consumers (PDF)
- Why Banks Should Fight Exploitation of Their Most Valuable Customers Infographic (PDF)
- Family Financial Caregiving: Rewards, Stresses, and Responsibilities (PDF)
- The Journey of Financial Caregiving Infographic (PDF)
If you are a financial institution who would like to join the fight, email us at: email@example.com