2015 Network Conference and Learning Event
September 1 and 2, 2015, Hyatt Regency, Washington, D.C.
The 2015 AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities Conference was an opportunity for community representatives and AARP staff to share valuable experiences, advice and training.
The conference was organized by Jeanne Anthony, Project Advisor, AARP Programs/Livable Communities. Jennifer Wallace-Brodeur, Interim Manager, AARP Programs/Livable Communities, served as the event's moderator.
See the conference agenda, read the speaker biographies and download their presentations and session materials below.
Presented by Barbara Stanton, AARP State Director Hawaii, and Joy X. Baura, Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit:
Presented by Patricia Oh, Coordinator of Older Adult Services, Bowdoinham, Maine:
Review of Resources
Presented by Jeanne Anthony, Project Advisor, AARP Programs/Livable Communities:
- The Imagining Livability Design Collection
- AARP Livability Fact Sheets
- The Livability Economy
- 8 Domains of Livabilty: Resources
- 2015: Age-Friendly Report: Inspiring Communities
- AARP HomeFit
- In a Livable Communitiy ... (poster/handout)
Presented by Melissa Stanton, Project Manager/Editor, AARP Livable Communities (Programs)
- The Age-Friendly Network and AARP.org/Livable
- AARP Livable Communities Slideshows
- Livable Lessons and How To's
- "5 Questions for ..." Interview Series
- "5 Questions for ..." Mayors and Managers Interview Series
- Age-Friendly Action Plans
Presented by Coralette Hannon, Senior Legislative Representative, Government Affairs
- Complete Streets in the Southeast
- Evaluating Complete Streets Projects: A Practitioners Guide
- AARP Inclusive Home Design Tool Kit
Observations, Information and Resources from the WHO Global Network
Presented by Lisa Warth, Ph.D., World Health Organization:
Using The Livability Index for Assessment and Action Planning
Presented by Rodney Harrell, Ph.D., Director of Livable Communities, AARP Public Policy Institute, and Shannon Guzman, Policy Research Senior Analyst, AARP Public Policy Institute:
Shaping Housing Options in the Community
Presented by Christopher Coes, Director of LOCUS, Smart Growth America
Presented by Daniel Parolek, Principal, Opticos Design, Inc.
Lessons from Communities Panel
Presented by Kathy Black, Ph.D., Age Friendly Sarasota, Sarasota, Florida:
Presented by Carmel Snyder, AARP Texas Associate State Director (Fort Worth) and Dana Burghdoff, Assistant Planning and Development Director, City of Fort Worth, Texas:
Housing Options to Support Aging in Place
Presented by Nancy Rockett Eldridge, Executive Director of the National Center for Healthy Housing, Washington, D.C.:
Presented by Jay Woolford, Executive Director, Senior Housing Assistance Group, Seattle, Washington:
Gauging Aging, Communications and Messaging
Presented by Laura Robbins, Laura A. Robbins Consulting, LLC:
AARP Livable Communities
- AARP Livable Communities at AARP.org/livable
- AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities
- AARP Livable Communities Policy
- AARP Livable Communities Research
- AARP Livability Index
- Twitter: @AARPLivable, @AARPpolicy, @AARPresearch
Subscribe for free to the AARP Livable Communities e-Newsletter
Stay Informed — For Free!
Enter a topic, name, place, etc.