Javascript is not enabled.

Javascript must be enabled to use this site. Please enable Javascript in your browser and try again.

Which tax year will Social Security use to determine my income-related Part B and Part D premiums? Skip to content

It's time for Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here's how you can get involved.

En español | To determine your Medicare Part B premium or Medicare prescription drug coverage income-related adjustment amount, Social Security uses your most recent federal tax return information. In most cases, this information is your income two years prior to the year for which you must pay an income-related premium. If information is not yet available for the two years prior, Social Security will temporarily use information from the tax year three years prior. You may request Social Security to use the tax information from a more recent tax year under certain circumstances.

For more information, call Social Security at 800-772-1213 (TTY 800-325-0778) or visit your local Social Security office.

To learn more about Medicare Part B or Medicare prescription drug coverage, visit or call 800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227; TTY 877-486-2048).

Today’s Topics

    View More
    Skip Google Map Content

    In Your City

    Your City Name

    Enter address, city, state, or ZIP code.

    Hide Filter Results
    Filter Results
    Distance (in miles)

      AARP In Your State

      Visit the AARP state page for information about events, news and resources near you.