Vincent Besnault/Getty Images
Do you toss and turn at night or feel exhausted when you wake up? Maybe you aren’t sleeping a full seven hours as recommended. Good sleep quality is essential.
- Relax Melodies allows you to chose your sleep melody and even a mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep Cycle allows you to set your wake-up time, and the app will adjust to make for a smoother wake-up.
- Recolor provides more than 1,000 images to help relax your mind and send you into a Zen-like meditative state.
- Sleep Time tracks your sleep patterns and tries to coordinate your wake-up time with your lightest sleep phase. Waking up during a deep sleep could lead to a feeling of exhaustion for up to an hour, according to Sleep Time.
- Pillow tracks your sleep and syncs with Apple's Health app to provide additional data about your sleep and health patterns.
- Relax & Sleep Well helps you to form healthy sleep habits.
- Digipill is a top pick, according to Medical News Today. The app includes many features, such as an ability to formulate a blend of language and sound to engage and activate the mind. The app also offers many options that adjust to different situations. The first experience is free, and charges may apply after.
- Pzizz blends sound effects, music and more to put you to sleep — and keep you sleeping.
The National Sleep Foundation also offers recommendations for getting a good night’s sleep.
- Go to bed at the same time each night and rise at the same time each morning.
- Make sure your bedroom is a relaxing environment — neither too hot or too cold.
- Make sure your bed is comfortable. Use it only for sleeping and not for other activities such as reading, watching TV or listening to music. Remove all TVs, computers and other gadgets from the bedroom.
- Avoid large meals before bedtime.