A motorist is almost 20 times more likely to die in a crash involving a train than in a collision involving another motor vehicle. Here are six tips to always follow.
See also: Operation Lifesaver
1. Trains can be on any track, at any time, going in either direction.
2. Always yield the right-of-way to the train. The train cannot yield to you.
3. Never ignore warnings at crossings such as:
- Advance warning signs
- Railroad crossbuck signs
- Red flashing lights and gates
4. Trains can arrive at a crossing faster than you anticipate.
5. Look both ways and listen when you see advance warning signs indicating a railroad crossing.
6. Before starting across the tracks, be sure there is room to clear them.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This