Jen Schramm is a senior strategic policy advisor in the AARP Public Policy Institute. As part of the Financial Security Team, she identifies policy challenges and opportunities related to workers age 50+. Through research and analyses of emerging employment trends she develops policy options to help older workers find and retain jobs.
Prior to working at AARP, Jen managed the workforce trends and forecasting program at the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest professional membership organization for HR professionals. There she led the development of SHRM’s research and publications for the SHRM/SHRM Foundation Aging Workforce Initiative, which was funded by a grant from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. She also led SHRM’s overall labor market and skills research portfolio including the SHRM Leading Indicators of National Employment®. Prior to that, Jen was a policy advisor at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in the UK specializing in training and development issues.
Jen holds a BA from the University of Michigan and an MPhil from the University of Cambridge in sociology and political science. A Research Fellow of the Sloan Center on Aging and Work at Boston College, Jen has written extensively on workforce issues and trends including writing the monthly Trend Watch column for HR Magazine for over a decade and developing research reports on issues ranging from talent management and skills shortages to future business and human capital challenges.
- Schramm, J. (2016, July/August). Survey: employee benefits trends show shifting priorities. HR Magazine, 61 (7).
- Schramm, J. (2014, December). Preparing for an aging workforce. HR Magazine, 59 (12).
- Schramm, J. (2014). Employee engagement: the newest research and trends. Workplace Visions (2). Alexandria, VA: Society for Human Resource Management.
- Schramm, J. (2012). The generation gap: will Millennials’ economic, education and career development gaps create a future leadership deficit? Workplace Visions (2). Alexandria, VA: Society for Human Resource Management.
- Schramm, J. (2007, October). Generational differences: myths and realities. Workplace Visions (4). Alexandria, VA: Society for Human Resource Management.