Inflation and You: How to Manage Your Money, Cut Costs and Avoid Panicking
Listen to a replay of the event above
Join renowned personal finance expert Suze Orman and AARP CEO Jo Ann Jenkins for a special live Q&A event to address Inflation and You: How to Manage Your Money, Cut Costs and Avoid Panicking. COVID-19 has disrupted people’s lives and finances; coupled with the highest inflation in decades, this can be a confusing and difficult time for older adults.
Suze Orman will share personal finance advice and steps people can take today toward financial empowerment, while Jo Ann Jenkins will share how AARP is supporting older adults with tips and resources to help save and manage expenses during the highest inflation in decades. Listeners will have the opportunity to ask questions and be connected to helpful resources.
The event will focus on the following areas:
- Key information about inflation, what goods and services are rising fastest and how these increases impact older Americans.
- The psychology of inflation and how to avoid emotion-based financial decisions.
- The impact of inflation on retirement savings and what to do about stock market volatility.
- How to save on everyday expenses and what can retirees with a fixed income do to make up for reduced spending power.
- Tools, tips and advice for managing your finances, including savings/budgeting strategies, where to get free help, AARP Money Map and more.
- Suze Orman, Personal Finance Expert
- Jo Ann Jenkins, CEO, AARP
- Neil Wertheimer, Moderator, Deputy Editor, AARP Bulletin