AARP Eye Center
1. automagically adv. Automatically in a way that seems magical.
2. bargainous adj. Costing less than expected.
3. big media n. Primary mass communication sources, e.g., TV and the press.
4. bromance n. Close platonic male friendship.
5. buzzkill n. Person or thing that has a depressing effect.
AARP Membership — $12 for your first year when you sign up for Automatic Renewal
Get instant access to members-only products and hundreds of discounts, a free second membership, and a subscription to AARP the Magazine.
6. carbon credit n. Permit allowing a certain amount of carbon dioxide emissions.
7. carbon offsetting n. Counteraction of CO2 emissions with a corresponding reduction.
8. catastrophize v. To present a situation as worse than it is.
9. cheeseball adj. Lacking taste or style.
10. chillax v. To calm down and relax.
11. cool hunter n. One who predicts new styles and trends.
12. cougar n. Older woman who dates younger men.
13. eggcorn n. Logical swap of words with similar sounds (from "egg corn" for "acorn").
14. exit strategy n. Planned means of extricating oneself from a situation.
15. flash mob n. Brief gathering for a common purpose, announced by e-mail or text.
16. flyover states n. [derogatory] Central regions of the U.S.
17. frenemy n. Friend with whom one has frequent conflict.
18. friend v. To add to a list of personal associates on a website.
19. gal pal n. Female friend.
20. green audit n. Analysis of a business' environmental impact.
21. green-collar adj. Of or relating to workers in the environmentalist business sector.
22. hater n. Negative person.
23. heart v. To like very much; love.
24. homeshoring n. Moving jobs to employees' homes (from "offshoring").
25. hypermiling n. Altering a car to maximize its fuel economy.
26. LBD n. Little black dress.