- Each AARP Purpose Prize Winner’s founded 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) nonprofit organizations will receive $50,000. In addition, once the five (5) Winners are identified, each of them will then have the opportunity to enter into the AARP Inspire Award Contest where the general public will be invited to vote and select the AARP Inspire Award Contest (For more details about the AARP Inspire Award Contest, visit www.aarp.org/InspireAward on October 4, 2021 ET.)
- Each AARP Purpose Prize Fellow’s founded 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization will receive $10,000. The opportunity for each Winner's and Fellow's stories and work to be promoted across a variety of media channels.
- Membership in the AARP Purpose Prize “class” of honorees — a peer community of learning
- Yearlong individualized support to help further organizational goals
- Inclusion in the full AARP Purpose Prize alumni network
Application cycle dates
This year’s call for applications will be open January 27 – March 31, 2021.
- You are 50 or older
- You are the founder or co-founder of your organization
- Your organization is a (501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) non-profit organization with its principal place of business located in the United States in good standing in its state of origin and tax exemption under the Internal Revenue Code at the time of Applicant’s submission and throughout the Purpose Prize Contest selection process
- You began the work you do at the age of 40 or older
- You are a US citizen living in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- You can clearly document the impact of your organization’s work
- There is a connection in your own life that drew you to the work you do
- Your organization uses innovative approaches to an existing or emerging problem
- While your work can be international in scope, it is based in the United States.