Community Challenge Public Places Videos
See the challenge projects in action — and get inspired!
Click the place names in the list below to watch videos about projects that create or enhance public places. For information about the AARP Community Challenge (and to find links for more videos), visit AARP.org/CommunityChallenge.
FEATURED VIDEO: Creating Vibrant Public Places
AARP Community Challenge: Public Places Videos
- Hau'ula: Community Trail (state video) (2022)
- Honolulu: Promoting Paths to Parks (2018)
- Lihu'e: Murals (state video) (2022)
- Blaine County: Wood River Valley Daffodil Festival (state video) (2021)
- Glenns Ferry: Glenns Ferry Park (state video) (2020)
- Lincoln County: "Lincoln Loop" Indoor Fitness (state video) (2021)
- Pocatello: Families Grow Gardens (state video) (2021)
- West Gooding: Gooding Public Library (state video) (2020)
- Baton Rouge: Connecting Neighbors to a Nearby Park (2018)
- New Orleans: Helping Older Adults Get and Stay Fit (2017)
- Central Falls Community Garden (state video) (2022)
- Providence: Growing Healthy Foods (state video) (2021)
- Providence Temporary Bike Lane (state video) 2022)
- Providence Legacy Cook Book (state video) (2022)
- Find more Impact Articles and Videos »
- Learn more about the AARP Community Challenge and its winning grantees »
Stay Informed (for Free)
The weekly, award-winning AARP Livable Communities e-Newsletter provides local leaders with information and inspiration for making their town, city or neighborhood more livable for older adults and people of all ages. Subscribe today!
Or visit the A-Z Archive at top