AARP Eye Center
Talk about easy! The latest cooking trend is to roast your entire dinner on a single flat pan. These feasts for two are prep-it-and-forget-it.
Za'atar Chicken, Potatoes and Broccoli
- 1 pound bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and/or legs
- 8 halved baby potatoes, 6 large broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- zest and juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1 clove garlic, pressed; salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons za'atar
AARP Membership — $12 for your first year when you sign up for Automatic Renewal
Get instant access to members-only products and hundreds of discounts, a free second membership, and a subscription to AARP The Magazine.
1. Combine yogurt, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Chill. Combine oil, lemon juice, za'atar, chicken and vegetables in ziplock bag. Season with salt and pepper and massage to coat. Chill 2-10 hours.
2. Spread chicken (skin side up) and vegetables on sheet pan. Push vegetables to edges and turn potatoes cut-side down. Roast at 425°F until chicken registers internal temperature of 160°F (20-30 minutes).
3. Remove chicken and vegetables to plates. Spoon yogurt onto sheet pan and scrape with spatula to combine. Pour over chicken.
Options: Top with crushed pistachios and fresh thyme. Replace za'atar with 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, cumin and sesame seeds.
- 2 pieces skinless halibut or sea bass (12-16 ounces)
- 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped fresh fennel, 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint and/or parsley
1. Drain tomatoes and mix in bowl with fennel, olives, shallots, garlic, vinegar, honey, zest from half the orange and 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Line sheet pan with parchment, folding up edges to make a border. Spread tomato mixture on pan. Make well in center and put fish in it, round-side up. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Top each with 1 thin slice of orange.