For travel inspiration, planning, and more, visit AARP Travel.
Baby Boomers will be active travelers in 2015, as they anticipate taking an average of 4-5 trips next year. Leading-edge Generation Xers, those age 45-49, also plan to take 4-5 in 2015. This research report highlights Baby Boomers' 2015 travel plans.
Some key findings include:
- More than half (55%) of Boomers will travel only within the U.S.; four in ten (42%) plan to travel both domestically and internationally; and few (3%) expect to travel abroad only.
- The top motivators for personal travel are:
- 57% To get away from normal, everyday life
- 55% To spend time with family and friends
- 54% To relax and rejuvenate
For more information on travel, visit AARP Travel
A brief online survey was conducted in October 2014 among 1,137 males and females, age 45+, who have taken at least one trip 50 miles or more away from home, with a two-night stay, in the past two years. Respondents were further identified as having an intent to travel for personal reasons (non-business travel). Final data has been weighted to U.S. Census for analysis.
For more information about the 2015 Travel Trends research, please contact Allison Kulwicki at firstname.lastname@example.org.