AARP Eye Center
With COVID still lingering, inflation running high and a heated election season just past, 2022 presented its share of challenges. At AARP, we pulled out all the stops to provide as much help and support as we could as you faced whatever the year brought your way. Here are just a few of the things we achieved that we hope make you glad to be part of the AARP family.
1. AARP helped deliver prescription drug price relief in landmark legislation passed over the summer, in large part by directing millions of your pleas for price cuts to Congress.
AARP Membership — $12 for your first year when you sign up for Automatic Renewal
Get instant access to members-only products and hundreds of discounts, a free second membership, and a subscription to AARP The Magazine.
2. AARP’s Our Voices Decide national campaign provided older voters with critical information on how and where to vote in midterm elections.
3. Years of pushing for over-the-counter hearing aids paid off when the FDA allowed the devices to be sold in stores in October.
4. AARP and AARP Foundation matched $1 million in donations to provide help for hurricane victims in Florida and Puerto Rico.
5. More than 200 million people visited our website at aarp.org — an invaluable source of breaking news and lifestyle info.
6. The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide free tax assistance program helped users reap more than $1 billion in refunds.
7. The Real People, Real Stories video series, produced by AARP Studios on Facebook, drew more than 3 million views.
8. AARP started a Veteran & Military Spouse Job Center to give ex-service families an edge finding work.
9. About 90,000 people called our Fraud Watch Network Helpline.
10. AARP’s new book, The Whole Body Reset, became a national bestseller.
11. Nearly 200 people saw a dream come true through Wish of a Lifetime From AARP.
12. Almost 2 million people attended live webinars on health, exercise, money and fun in AARP’s Virtual Community Center.
13. Over 100,000 people attended AARP Movies for Grownups virtual screenings from the comfort of their homes.
14. Close to 2 million people consulted AARP’s Job Board during their search for work.
15. The AARP Veteran Report joined our growing number of e-newsletters (among them The Arrow, The Girlfriend, Sisters From AARP and The Ethel).
16. Enrollees in AARP’s loyalty program, AARP Rewards, saved about $5 million.
17. Financial workers trained by AARP BankSafe helped stop $200 million of elder financial exploitation.
18. We held 30 national tele-town halls to bring you access to lawmakers, officials and top authorities on topics such as COVID, inflation and fraud.
19. AARP’s new Personal Technology Resource Center helped 3 million people sharpen their tech skills.
20. The AARP Bulletin and AARP The Magazine produced award-winning coverage of topics like fraud, COVID and elder abuse.