Javascript is not enabled.

Javascript must be enabled to use this site. Please enable Javascript in your browser and try again.

Skip to content
Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Leaving AARP.org Website

You are now leaving AARP.org and going to a website that is not operated by AARP. A different privacy policy and terms of service will apply.

AARP 299 Great Ways to Save

spinner image AARP Bookstore

AARP 299 Great Ways to Save eBook

By AARP, with an introduction by Jeff Yeager
E-book
October 2012

Ready for 299 great — and easy — ways to save money? This e-book has plenty of tips for travel, shopping, insurance, entertainment, electronics and computers, healthcare, and more! These frugal — and sometimes free — favorites spotlight the first rule of saving: Spend less!

spinner image Image Alt Attribute

AARP Membership— $12 for your first year when you sign up for Automatic Renewal

Get instant access to members-only products and hundreds of discounts, a free second membership, and a subscription to AARP the Magazine.

Join Now

To view the book on your computer, download the PDF.
To read it on a Kindle, download the "mobi" files.
For all other devices, download the "ePub" files.

----------------------------------------

Instructions for Downloading eBooks

Downloaded eBooks can be read on any compatible eReader. You can download eBooks directly onto your eReader, or use the instructions below to transfer downloaded eBooks from your computer to your eReader.

iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch

1.     Download the ePub file to your computer.
2.     Connect the device and open iTunes.
3.     Locate the device in the left column in iTunes.
4.     Click on "Books" in the list below the device name.
5.     Uncheck "Sync Books."
6.     Drag and drop the eBook (ePub file) onto the device in iTunes.
7.     The device syncs automatically.

OR

2.     Email it to yourself.
3.     Open the email directly on your iOS device.
4.     Tap on the file to download it, and once it has downloaded, tap on it again to open it, selecting "iBooks" when prompted. The ebook will open in iBooks and appear in your library.

Kindle

1.     Download the mobi file to your computer.
2.     Connect the Kindle to the computer.
3.     The Kindle will load as a storage device called “kindle” on the Desktop (Mac) or My Computer (PC).
4.     Open the folder called “documents” located inside the “kindle” storage device.
5.     Drag and drop the Mobi file to the “documents” folder on your Kindle.
6.     The eBook will appear on the Kindle’s home screen along with your other eBooks.

Nook

2.     Connect the Nook to the computer using the cable provided with your Nook, and access it in Finder (Mac) or Windows Explorer (PC).
3.     Locate the folder: My Nook/My Files/Books/. Drag and drop the eBook (ePub file) to the folder: My Nook/My Files/Books/.
4.     Search the Nook Library for the eBook’s title.

Discover AARP Members Only Access

Join AARP to Continue

Already a Member?