Joining AARP or renewing your membership online takes less than 5 minutes. Follow these steps:
1. Click one of the links below to join or renew
2. Select a duration for your membership term
3. Fill out the form and submit
4. Print your AARP card and enjoy instant access to benefits
What happens after I join?
When you join online, you can start enjoying your member benefits right away. While you’re waiting for your membership card to arrive in the mail (you should receive it in 2 to 3 weeks), here’s how you can maximize your membership:
1. If you haven’t already, you can create an online account here. Once you have an aarp.org account, you’ll be able to print your card, sign up for free e-newsletters, view your membership status, add a secondary member to your account and more.
2. Next, download the AARP Now app. You’ll get all membership has to offer in the palm of your hand: news, local events, and access to your digital card.
3. Finally, check out all your member benefits by going to aarp.org/benefits-discounts.
Originally published July 2019