The Pop-Up Placemaking Tool Kit
Projects that inspire change — and improve communities for people of all ages
Seeing potential solutions is more effective than simply reading, hearing or talking about them.
The Pop-Up Placemaking Tool Kit by AARP and the urban planning firm Team Better Block can help elected officials, planners, policymakers and involved residents use temporary projects to improve communities for people of all ages.
The publication, which includes placemaking "recipes" from Team Better Block, is a practical guide to demonstrating and implementing positive change.
ORDER THE FREE PRINTED EDITION
- Use our Online Order Form
- Bulk orders will be considered. If seeking additional copies please send us an email that explains why and identifies the organization you are with, if any. Please send an e-mail to Livable@AARP.org with your Name, Mailing Address, and the Publication Number D20504
Take a Look Inside
- The Pop-Up Placemaking Tool Kit (main page)
- What Is a Pop-Up Demonstration?
- Beginner Recipes
- Intermediate Recipes
- Advanced Recipes
- Recipes for Parklets and Bike Lanes
- Find more resources about Public Places and Outdoor Spaces
Page published December 2019
The Pop-Up Placemaking Tool Kit is an Award-Winning Publication!
- 2020 Hermes Creative Awards, Gold Winner, Special Issue
The weekly, award-winning AARP Livable Communities e-Newsletter provides local leaders with information and inspiration for making their town, city or neighborhood more livable for older adults and people of all ages. Subscribe today!
THIS IS AN AWARD-WINNING PUBLICATION
Enter a topic, name, place, etc.