AARP BankSafe Trained Seal Terms and Conditions
1. AARP qualifies financial institutions to use the AARP BankSafe Trained seal on an annual basis. Financial institutions that qualify are allowed to use the AARP BankSafe Trained seal for the one-year period in which it is designated (“License”) only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. All other use of the AARP BankSafe Trained Seal or AARP name or logo is prohibited without the express written consent of AARP prior to each instance of use.
2. Financial institutions may not use the AARP BankSafe Trained seal or mention this distinction in any communication or materials, regardless of medium and including paid advertising, that promote any product or service.
3. AARP reserves the right to list the names of financial institutions who qualify for the AARP BankSafe Trained Seal Program in AARP-issued press releases and the AARP BankSafe Training webpage. Financial institutions may not issue media releases announcing its qualification to use the AARP BankSafe Trained seal.
4. Financial institutions may use the AARP BankSafe Trained seal on their website only under the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) contained herein and for the period of time stated herein, unless specific exceptions are agreed to in writing by AARP and the financial institution. Specifically:
a. The seal can be displayed on the homepage, media or news page, the “About Us” and/or “Security” pages on the financial institution’s website, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Other digital and print use of the AARP BankSafe Trained seal may be permissible, but are prohibited absent the express written permission of AARP in each instance of use, such permission not to be unreasonably withheld.
b. The BankSafe Trained seal may appear on social media platforms in accordance with the limitations of paragraphs 2, 7, and 10.
5. The BankSafe Trained seal may be used as a “badge” on the financial institution’s website, linking it directly to the AARP BankSafe website, www.aarp.org/banksafeFinancial institutions may not use the AARP BankSafe Trained seal or mention this distinction in any materials not mentioned in paragraph 4, without AARP’s written permission
6. Financial institutions may not use the AARP name or logo in any materials, except to the extent the AARP name is included in the AARP BankSafe Trained seal.
7. Financial institutions shall not use the AARP BankSafe Trained seal in any manner that implies either an endorsement or “seal of approval” by AARP for its products and services.
8. In the event that a financial institution does not requalify for the AARP BankSafe Trained seal, or in the event that the AARP BankSafe Trained seal program is terminated, the financial institution shall immediately cease all use of the AARP BankSafe seal in any and all communications or materials.
9. AARP reserves the right to terminate any financial institution’s qualification to use the AARP BankSafe Trained seal at any time and for any reason.. In this event, the financial institution shall immediately cease all use of the AARP BankSafe seal in any and all communications and materials.
10. Financial institutions acknowledge that BankSafe training materials are not intended as legal or financial advice, nor do those materials profess to prohibit financial exploitation in all instances. By granting this revocable license to use the AARP BankSafe Trained seal, AARP does not endorse any financial institution and does not intend to create an agent-principal relationship or enter any joint venture related to BankSafe.
11. The wordmark “AARP”, the AARP logo and the AARP BankSafe Trained logo are trademarks of AARP. Financial Institutions shall not register or attempt to register any domain names, trademarks or trade names, that are confusingly similar to those of AARP.