A whopping 99 percent of boomers will take at least one pleasure trip a year, with an average of five or more trips. Fifty-one percent are expected to travel only domestically, while 43 percent will travel both domestically and internationally, according to AARP research.
No doubt travel is at the top of the list for those 50 and older, and discounts that help make multiple trips a year possible are offered to this age group more than any other.
Below is a collection of discounts to consider for your next great escape. There are deals on hotels, resorts, car rentals, railways, airlines and cruise opportunities.
So get packing, grab these discounts and save a bunch.
- American Airlines: Discounts are available for 65 and older (call before booking for discount).
- Amtrak: 62 and older receive a discount of 15 percent.
- Aloft Hotels: AARP discount saves 5 percent to 15 percent on your next stay.
- Ascend Collection: AARP discount saves up to 10 percent off the best rate available.
- Auto Europe: Discount of 5 percent off senior travel rates is available.
- Avis Rent A Car: AARP discount for 50-plus means a free weekend day and additional offers.
- Best Western: AARP discount saves 10 percent and earns10 percent bonus points on your stay.
- British Airways: Discounts offered to 50 and older that range between $65 and $200 per flight.
- Budget Rent-A-Car: AARP discount receives one rental day free with an intermediate through a full-size four-door car for three consecutive days, including a Saturday night.
- Budget Truck Rental: AARP discount saves 50-plus up to 20 percent savings on their next move.
- Carnival Cruise: Exclusive discount is offered for 55 and older; call ahead, savings vary.
- Choice Hotels: 60-plus can save up to 10 percent with advance reservations.
- Comfort Inn: AARP discount saves up to 10 percent off the best rate available.
- Collette: AARP discount saves $50 to $100 per person off guided tours.
- Collette Explorations: AARP discount saves $100 per person off tours of Italy, Australia and Canada.
- Collette Spotlights: AARP discount saves $50 per person off Spotlight tours of London, New Orleans and New York City.
- Days Inn: AARP discount saves 10 percent off the best available rate.
- Grand European Travel: AARP discount saves $379 on Canada’s Rockies and Stampede.
- Grand Canyon National Park: AARP discount saves 15 percent off stand-alone stays at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel.
- Grand Canyon Railway: AARP discount saves 15 percent on Grand Canyon by Rail.
- Grand European Travel: AARP discount saves $432 off Coastal California and Yosemite.
- Greyhound: 62 and older can save 5 percent and may request a 20 percent discount on unrestricted passenger fares.
- Hampton by Hilton™: AARP discount for 50-plus can save up to 10 percent off of your room.
- Hertz: 50-plus can save up to 20 percent off base rates every day and additional saving by reserving with CDP#2007815.
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: AARP discount saves 5 percent off of your room.
- InterContinental Hotels Group: 62 and older receive discounts on nondiscounted room rates; discount varies by location.
- La Quinta Inns & Suites: AARP discount saves up to 10 percent off, plus free breakfast.
- Liberty Travel: AARP discount saves an exclusive $150 per person.
- Marriott Hotels: 62 and older can receive a 15 percent discount.
- Motel 6: 60-plus can receive a 10 percent discount.
- Myrtle Beach Resort: 55-plus can save 10 percent off their next visit.
- The Oasis at Death Valley: AARP discount saves 10 percent off rooms and golf.
- Ohio State Parks: AARP discount saves 10 percent off your next visit.
- Ohio State Park Lodges: AARP discount saves 15 off of your next stay.
- Park Ride Fly USA: AARP discount saves 12 percent off on airport parking reservations.
- Payless®: AARP discount saves 5 percent on leisure daily, weekly, weekend and monthly car rental rates; use Promo Code KW47RY to get lowest rates.
- Sheraton Hotels & Resorts: AARP discount saves 5 to 15 percent on your next stay.
- Southwest Airlines: Call before booking to receive various discounts for 65 and older.
- Super 8: AARP discount saves 10 percent off the best available rate.
- Royal Caribbean: 55 and older can receive reduced prices on select sailings.
- TripBeat, Endless Vacation: AARP discount means those 50 and older can receive a seven-night vacation rental for $399.
- Vacations By Rail: AARP discount offers travel add-on of free hotel or rail in USA and Canada for 50 and older.
- United Airlines: Call before booking to receive various discounts for 65 and older.
- Xanterra Parks & Resorts: AARP discount saves 10 percent on Xanterra National Park Gift Shops.
- Zipcar: AARP discount saves 43 percent on Zipcar membership.