AARP Eye Center
A whopping 99 percent of boomers will take at least one pleasure trip a year, with an average of five or more trips. Fifty-one percent are expected to travel only domestically, while 43 percent will travel both domestically and internationally, according to AARP research.
No doubt travel is at the top of the list for those 50 and older, and discounts that help make multiple trips a year possible are offered to this age group more than any other.
AARP Membership — $12 for your first year when you sign up for Automatic Renewal
Get instant access to members-only products and hundreds of discounts, a free second membership, and a subscription to AARP The Magazine.
Below is a collection of discounts to consider for your next great escape. There are deals on hotels, resorts, car rentals, railways, airlines and cruise opportunities.
So get packing, grab these discounts and save a bunch.
- American Airlines: Discounts are available for 65 and older (call before booking for discount).
- Amtrak: 62 and older receive a discount of 15 percent.
- Aloft Hotels: AARP discount saves 5 percent to 15 percent on your next stay.
- Ascend Collection: AARP discount saves up to 10 percent off the best rate available.
- Auto Europe: Discount of 5 percent off senior travel rates is available.
- Avis Rent A Car: AARP discount saves 10-30 percent, and includes free upgrade on compact through full class, subject to availability, free additional driver and more.
- Best Western: AARP discount saves 10 percent and earns 10 percent bonus points on your stay.
- British Airways: Discounts offered to 50 and older that range between $65 and $200 per flight.
- Budget Rent-A-Car: AARP discount saves 10-30 percent, and includes free upgrade on compact through full class, subject to availability, free additional driver and more.
- Budget Truck Rental: Save up to 20 percent on your next move!
- Carnival Cruise: Exclusive discount is offered for 55 and older; call ahead, savings vary.
- Choice Hotels: AARP members save up to 10 percent off best available rate.
- Comfort Inn: AARP discount saves up to 10 percent off the best rate available.
- Collette: AARP discount saves $50 to $100 per person off guided tours.
- Collette Explorations: Members save $50 – $100 off per person on small-group tours, focusing on cultural immersion.
- Collette Spotlights: Members receive $50 off per person on single-city tours around the world.
- Days Inn: AARP discount saves 10 percent off the best available rate.
- Grand European Travel: AARP discount saves $379 on Canada’s Rockies and Stampede.
- Grand Canyon National Park: AARP discount saves 15 percent off stand-alone stays at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel.
- Grand Canyon Railway: AARP discount saves 15 percent on Grand Canyon Railway, plus savings on exclusive packages.
- Grand European Travel: AARP discount saves $432 off Coastal California and Yosemite.
- Greyhound: 62 and older can save 5 percent and may request a 20 percent discount on unrestricted passenger fares.
- Hampton by Hilton™: AARP members save 5 percent off the best available rate and get late checkout until 2 p.m., when available.
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: AARP members save 5 percent off the best available rate and get late checkout until 2 p.m., when available.
- InterContinental Hotels Group: 62 and older receive discounts on nondiscounted room rates; discount varies by location.
- La Quinta Inns & Suites: AARP discount saves up to 10 percent off, plus free breakfast.
- Liberty Travel: Exclusive savings on Liberty Travel Vacations - up to $100 per couple.
- Marriott Hotels: 62 and older can receive a 15 percent discount.
- Motel 6: 60-plus can receive a 10 percent discount.
- Myrtle Beach Resort: 55-plus can save 10 percent off their next visit.
- The Oasis at Death Valley: AARP discount saves 10 percent off rooms and golf.
- Ohio State Park Lodges: AARP discount saves 15 percent off of your next stay.
- Park Ride Fly USA: AARP discount saves 12 percent off on airport parking reservations.
- Payless®: Everyday savings of 5 percent and more.
- Sheraton Hotels & Resorts: AARP discount saves 5 to 15 percent on your next stay.
- Southwest Airlines: Call before booking to receive various discounts for 65 and older.
- Super 8: AARP discount saves 10 percent off the best available rate.
- Royal Caribbean: 55 and older can receive reduced prices on select sailings.
- TripBeat, Endless Vacation: AARP discount means those 50 and older can receive a seven-night vacation rental for $399.
- Vacations By Rail: AARP discount offers travel add-on of free hotel or rail in USA and Canada for 50 and older.
- United Airlines: Call before booking to receive various discounts for 65 and older.
- Xanterra Parks & Resorts: Members save 10 percent on merchandise purchased at National Park gift shops operated by Xanterra in Yellowstone National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, Death Valley National Park, Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Zion National Park, and more.
- Zipcar: Members get 43 percent off an annual Zipcar membership, plus $40 in free driving credit.