AARP Eye Center
Veterans and active service members are eligible for a variety of deals and discounts during November, particularly on Veterans Day, Nov. 11.
Here are details about the Veterans Day freebies, deals and savings available to veterans and active members of the military in 2022. Note that valid identification is often required to receive an offer.
AARP Membership — $12 for your first year when you sign up for Automatic Renewal
Get instant access to members-only products and hundreds of discounts, a free second membership, and a subscription to AARP The Magazine.
- Applebee's: Service members and veterans can receive a free meal when dining in at participating locations on Veterans Day.
- Bob Evans: Veterans and service members can enjoy a free entrée from a select menu Nov. 11 when dining in.
- BJ’s Restaurant: Current and former military who dine in Nov. 11 may enjoy a free meal from a select menu.
- Caribou Coffee: Veterans, military members and their spouses can order a free hot brewed coffee on Veterans Day.
- Chili's: Veterans and active military can enjoy a free entrée from a list of seven options while dining in Nov. 11.
- Cotton Patch Café: A free chicken-fried steak or chicken-fried chicken is offered Nov. 11 to all veterans and active military members.
- Cracker Barrel: Veterans, active-duty military, and their guests may receive a free slice of double chocolate fudge Coca-Cola cake in store or online with any purchase. To redeem online, enter code VETSDAY22 at checkout on Nov. 11. Additionally, veterans and military members may take 25 percent off apparel and drinkware in stores and online.
- Denny's: A free Grand Slam Breakfast will be offered to veterans and military personnel on Veterans Day until noon.
- Fogo de Chão: Military veterans and active-duty personnel may take 50 percent off their meal and 10 percent off food for up to three guests per military member.
- Golden Corral: All current and former members of the military may enjoy a free meal from 5 p.m. to closing Nov. 11.
- Hooters: Veterans may receive a free entrée from a Veterans Day menu while dining in with purchase of a beverage at participating locations.
- Huddle House : Current and former military members may receive a free MVP Breakfast Platter on Nov. 11.
- Jeremiah’s Italian Ice: Former and active military personnel can receive a free small item off their menu on Veterans Day.
- McCormick & Schmick’s: Veterans and gold star families may order a half-priced entrée from a select menu Nov. 13.
- Perkins Restaurant and Bakery: Current and former service members may order a free Magnificent Seven meal Nov. 11.
- Red Lobster: Veterans, active-duty military and reservists may order a free Walt’s Favorite Shrimp, Fries and Coleslaw meal between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Nov. 11.
- Smokey Bones: Veterans and active military may eat a free entrée from a select menu on when dining in Nov. 11.
- Starbucks: Veterans, military members and spouses can order a free tall hot brewed coffee or iced coffee on Nov. 11 at participating locations.
- Yard House: Veterans and active-duty military can order a free appetizer on Veterans Day.