Lifestyle Sessions (1:00 - 2:00 p.m.)
- Help Protect Your Identity and Your Future! (Sands 203) Phil Bartlett and Karen Trimmer provide unique insight and consumer tips.
- The Consumer WatchDog (Venetian Hall D1) Veteran New York City television journalist, Arnold Diaz, has over the years regularly exposed wrongdoings and incompetence by private industry and government agencies that resulted in actions by law enforcement officials, as well as the enactment of legislation. Attendees will gain new insight and understanding around consumer issues.
- The Joy of Gardening (Venetian Casanova 506) Lecturer and horticulture expert, Linn Mills has been both a student and teacher of Nevada plant life for over 35 years. A chance to learn inside secrets of gardening.
- Achieving Healthier and Safer Medical Care Results (Venetian Casanova 504) Dr. Reed Tuckson, UnitedHealth Group, Senior Vice President of Consumer Health and Medical Care Advancement will speak with attendees.
- Making Sense of Supplements (Venetian Hall D2) A panel of medical experts including Brent Bailey, Dr. Annette Dickinson, Patricia Knight, Peter Reinecke, Dr. Roger Williams and Dr. Raul Zimmerman will educate attendees around the use of supplements.
AARP Celebrates Cinema (1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Sands 205) Em & Me
AARP University (2:30 - 3:30 p.m.)
- Medicare, Rx, and AARP (Venetian Hall D1) Hear AARP experts discuss current status of Medicare Rx legislation.
- Health & Nutrition: Staying Hale and Hardy @50+ (Venetian Hall D2) AARP experts educate attendees around health and nutrition.
- Hit the Jackpot-Have a Close Relationship with your Grandchildren! (Venetian Casanova 504) AARP experts share insights around relationships.
- AARP.org & You: Viva Las Computers! (Venetian Casanova 506) Computer experts share tips with attendees.
- Voice of the Member: AARP Listening to You (Sands 203) Wonder how members are heard? Come find out in this session.
AARP Celebrates Cinema (4:00 - 4:00 p.m. Sands 205) Flowers for Charlie and Let's Face It
P.M. Feature Sessions (4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Performance Stage, Exhibit Hall)
Barry in 2004-Humorist Dave Barry entertains attendees with his unique insights and sense of humor.
Concert (7:30-9:30 Hall A)-Mirth and Motown - The Smothers Brothers & Smokey Robinson
Media Opportunities Saturday, October 16, 2004:
Morning Fitness (7:30-8:30 a.m., Hall D1) Famed actress Mariel Hemingway will lead In Balance Yoga session for attendees. Mariel recently released a yoga memoir called Finding My Balance that is an introspective view of her personal growth.
Closing Show (9:00-10:30 a.m., AARP Theatre, Hall A) featuring actress Mary Tyler Moore.
Lifestyle Session (10:30 a.m. - 12 noon)
Staying Sharp - Memory, Stress, and Multi-Tasking (Venetian Hall D2)
AARP Celebrates Cinema (10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Sands 205) The Same River Twice
Exhibit Hall (10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Exhibit Hall)
Performance Stage features Chuy & Company Salsa Band and Salsa Dance Instructors and The Golden New Orleans Band.
Recognizing AARP/IHRSA Fitness Winners (2:45 - 3:15 p.m.) Come meet the winners from six cities (Las Vegas, New Orleans, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, DC, and Chicago) who took the challenge to work with a fitness trainer and change their lives.
Lifestyle Sessions (11:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon)
- Making the Most of Your Money (Venetian Casanova 506) Jane Bryant Quinn, the nation's leading commentator on personal finance, will lead this session.
- The History of Beer in America (Venetian Casanova 504) Dr. William J. Vollmar, corporate historian at Anheuser-Busch, will dazzle attendees with beer trivia and facts.
- Avoiding Thefts, Cons, and Street Scams: With the World's Only Legal Pickpocket (Venetian Hall D1) Bob Arno, pickpocket, comedian, entertainer, and lecturer brings comedy as well as the serious side of pickpockets and other street crime.