The next time you create your grocery list, make sure to fill your cart with goodies from a store that offers discounts off your grocery bill. You don’t even have to be a coupon clipper to take advantage of most of these deals.
Several grocery chains offer shoppers age 50 and over savings between 5 and 10 percent off their total grocery bill at checkout.
And even if the thought of heading to the grocery store no longer thrills you, a few services below will deliver complete meals straight to your door.
Check ahead to make sure the discounts are still offered, and then get busy stocking your pantry.
23 Grocery Discounts
1. Albertsons: 10 percent off on the first Wednesday of each month for those 55 and up.
2. American Discount Stores: 10 percent off every Monday for 50-plus.
3. Bi-Lo: 5 percent off every Wednesday for 60-plus.
4. Compare Foods Supermarket: 10 percent off every Wednesday for 60-plus.
5. CoinFlip: AARP discount gives you instant savings on grocery items without coupons or a new loyalty card.
6. DeCicco Family Markets: 5 percent off every Wednesday for 60-plus.
7. Farm Fresh: 5 percent discount every Tuesday and Thursday for 55-plus.
8. Fred Meyer: Save an extra 10 percent off every first Tuesday of the month for 55-plus.
9. Freshly: AARP discount of 30 percent off chef-made meal deliveries of gourmet, ready-to-heat, healthy meals that are delivered directly to your home.
10. Fry's Supermarket: 10 percent discount on the first Wednesday of every month for 55-plus.