AARP Eye Center
These days, entertainment comes at a high price — especially movie tickets. But there are some great deals to be had for those 50 and older.
With these discounts, you can receive up to 35 percent off a regular adult movie ticket as well as deals on goodies at the concession stand. This means your movie experience will cost less.
AARP Membership — $12 for your first year when you sign up for Automatic Renewal
Get instant access to members-only products and hundreds of discounts, a free second membership, and a subscription to AARP The Magazine.
There are also discounts to visit places such as the Kennedy Space Center or to play sports.
Scan the list below for some specific deals. Generally speaking, it’s always good to ask any retailer or establishment if a senior discount is offered. And check in advance to make sure these discounts are still available, because many vary by region.
10 Entertainment Discounts
1. AMC Theaters: Discounts on movie tickets for adults 60 and older.
2. Busch Gardens Tampa: Discount of $3 off one-day tickets for adults 50-plus.
3. Carmike Cinemas: Discounts of 35 percent on regular adult tickets for moviegoers 65 and older. You can also get discounts at the concession stand — $2 candy, $2 popcorn and $2 Coca-Cola products.
4. Cinemark/Century Theaters: Savings up to 35 percent on participating days for those 60-plus; locations vary.
5. Kennedy Space Center: Savings on daily admission to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex for 55-plus.
7. Goodrich Quality Theaters: Ticket discounts starting at $5 for customers 62 and older; discounts on 3D movies.
8. Ripley’s Believe it or Not: Discount of $2 off a one-day ticket for visitors 55-plus.
9. SeaWorld Orlando: Discount of $3 off one-day tickets for adults 50-plus.
10. U.S. National Parks: $80 lifetime Senior Pass or $20 annual Senior Pass for U.S. citizens or permanent residents 62 and older. Discounts also available on additional services — including camping.