The award-winning Where We Live series from AARP highlights inspiring ideas and solutions from America's local leaders to improve their communities, respond to pressing issues, and build partnerships. These free AARP books are available in paperback and digital download formats.
Scroll down to order or download the 2018, 2017 and/or 2016 editions of Where We Live. To be among the first to learn when the 2019-2020 edition of Where We Live is available, subscribe to the free, award-winning AARP Livable Communities Weekly e-Newsletter.
The front and back covers of 'Where We Live' 2018 feature images of (clockwise from left) Westfield, New Jersey; Washington, D.C.; Camden, South Carolina, and Honolulu, Hawaii.
Order the free paperback version of Where We Live:
1. Email Fulfillment@AARP.org with the subject line: Where We Live 2018
2. In the email body, include:
- your name
- street address
- town/city, state, zip code
- publication number D20439
We can send one copy per request. Bulk orders will be considered. If seeking additional copies please explain why and identify the organization you are representing, if any. Delivery of the printed publication will be by mail and can take up to 4 weeks.
This is a Winning Publication!
Where We Live (2018) is a Hermes Creative Award Platinum Winner
Among the competition's approximately 6,000 entires, about 15 percent earned Platinum, the top award, 20 percent received a Gold Award and 10 percent were Honorable Mention winners.
Also in the Where We Live Series
- The 2017 edition, Where We Live: Communities for All Ages — 100+ Inspiring Ideas from America's Community Leaders, features examples from local leaders in all 50 states
- In 2016, we published our first title, Where We Live: Communities for All Ages — 100+ Inspiring Ideas from America's Mayors
- Visit AARP.org/LivableLibrary for more free publications
Page updated June 2018