Is Your Community Age-Friendly?
One in three Americans is now age 50 or older — by 2030, one in five will be 65-plus. Will your community be ready? AARP can help your town, city or even state become a great place for all ages. Explore this site for action plans, case studies, tool kits and more.
Bookmark this page
in the spotlight
- Discover what’s most important
- Understand changing demographics
- Find research, organized by topic area
- Assess your community's livability features
- Seek input and build public support
- Read sample community-improvement plans
- Read model ordinances and policies
- Discover funding opportunities
- Links to more livability resources
Resources in Your State
Use the drop-down feature above to find AARP Livable Communities resources from your state.
We like hearing from you. Send your feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Select resources on AARP.org/livable are featured as part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Healthy Aging Research Network's Environmental and Policy Change Clearinghouse, which has been integrated into this site. The CDC's Healthy Aging Research Network (CDC-HAN) is part of the CDC's Prevention Research Centers Program and is supported through the CDC's Healthy Aging Program. For additional information visit: www.prc-han.org.