The award-winning Where We Live series from AARP highlights inspiring ideas and solutions from America's local leaders to improve their communities, respond to pressing issues, and build partnerships. These free AARP books are available in paperback and digital download formats.
The 2018 edition of Where We Live: Communities for All Ages features more than 200 articles and photographs of inspiring programs, people and places throughout the United States.
The first two editions of Where We Live are still available:
- The 2017 edition, Where We Live: Communities for All Ages — 100+ Inspiring Ideas from America's Community Leaders, includes examples from local leaders in all 50 states
- In 2016, we published our first title, Where We Live: Communities for All Ages — 100+ Inspiring Ideas from America's Mayors
Order a free paperback version of Where We Live
1. Email Fulfillment@AARP.org with the subject line: Where We Live
2. In the email body, include:
- your name
- street address
- town/city, state, zip code
- publication number for 2016 (D20258) and/or 2017 (D20336)
We can send one copy per request. Bulk orders will be considered. If seeking additional copies please explain why and identify the organization you are representing, if any. Delivery of the printed publication will be by mail and can take up to 4 weeks.
Download a PDF of Where We Live:
- Visit AARP.org/LivableLibrary for more free publications
Page updated June 2018