Mango Pisco Sour Cocktail
A drink popular in Peru and Chile containing pisco, lemon or lime juice, egg whites, simple syrup, and bitter
Yields: 2 servings
- 1cup (8 ounces) pisco
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) fresh mango juice
- 2½ ounces (little more than ¼ cup) lime juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 drop Angostura bitters
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
See also: How to Make a Pineapple Mojito.
Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Let the syrup cool to room temperature.
- Add pisco, lime juice, mango juice and syrup to blender and blend.
- Add enough ice to double the amount of liquid. Blend well until ice is dissolved.
- Add egg white and blend until frothy. Serve in old-fashioned or wine glasses. Add a drop of Angostura bitters in the center of each filled glass.
You may also like: More recipes from Hispanic cooking expert Denisse Oller.