Serves 4 to 6INGREDIENTS
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled
- 1½ cups parboiled rice
- 3½ cups water
- 2 chicken or ham bouillon cubes
- 1 packet (or 1 teaspoon) sazón completo (seasoning with cilantro, annatto seeds, garlic, and onion)
- (Alternative to sazón completo: Sauté 3 tablespoons of oil, a finely chopped onion, ½ seeded bell pepper, and 3 cloves of garlic in a sauce pan with salt to taste.)
- 2 cups canned, fresh, or frozen whole-kernel corn
See also: Pork roast with sweet plantain stuffing.
- Dissolve the bouillon cubes and seasoning packet in water.
- Add rice.
- Put all the ingredients in a rice cooker, stir thoroughly, cover, and turn on.
- Leave on until the timer rings. (If you don’t have a rice cooker, you can cook the rice in a medium saucepan for 17 to 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.)
- Remove onion, stir mixture thoroughly with a fork, and cover to keep it warm until served.
Courtesy of Chef Pepín
You may also like: Chef Pepín: Stirring the soul.>>
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This