NRTA: AARP’s Educator Community and AARP welcome the opportunity to work with 50+ educators in New Jersey and our activities are coordinated through the AARP NJ state office. Educators and others interested in learning throughout life can tap into a wide range of volunteer opportunities in order to make a difference in your state. Those options include:
- Lend a hand to young people in your community through the NRTA With Our Youth! program
- Express your views to New Jersey’s state and federal representatives by becoming a Citizen Advocate
- Help to Create the Good in New Jersey by choosing an activity in AARP’s new searchable volunteer database for ideas on how you can help others in your community.
- Assist with income tax preparation and other administrative duties through AARP’s Tax-Aide program. (Over 57,000 New Jersey residents received free tax preparation assistance last year?)
- Become an AARP Driver Safety Program volunteer to assist with courses that help AARP members sharpen their driving skills and potentially reduce their insurance premiums.