- Discounts on travel and everyday savings.
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine.
- Free membership for your spouse or partner.
NRTA: AARP's Educator Community is America's foremost network of 50+ adults and organizations with a passion and affinity for education and learning. Members of NRTA are dedicated to continuous educational opportunity, advocacy, and service as a means of safeguarding the economic security, work opportunities, and future well-being of all generations.
NRTA members share a commitment to learning, volunteer service, and civic participation. NRTA membership provides access to a variety of programs and services.
This program is dedicated to maintaining cognitive fitness by understanding the brain as we age and providing information on how to maintain an engaged and inquisitive mind throughout life. Read
NRTA has released a comprehensive Pension Education Toolkit, developed in collaboration with the National Institute on Retirement Security. The toolkit offers fact sheets and other resource materials that could be helpful in discussions about the attributes of defined benefit pension plans. Read
Sadly, 33 percent of new teachers leave the profession within the first three years of employment. In an effort to stem the high attrition levels, retired educators and other community members are encouraged to support new teachers and school administrators as they begin their careers. Read
NRTA’s largest and most impactful collaboration has been through its 50-year link to a network of state Retired Educator Associations (REAs). The state REAs are independently incorporated non-profit associations that advocate for the well-being of retired educators.
NRTA: AARP's Educator Community has a voluntary affiliation with a network of State Retired Educator Associations (REAs) that represent and support retired educators across the country. Read
NRTA: AARP's Educator Community has joined forces with Curriki to bring high-quality learning resources to students around the world. Now active and retired educators can share lesson plans and other educational tools with teachers and students—at no cost! Read
NRTA: AARP's Educator Community has joined with the National Institute on Retirement Security (NIRS) to provide progams and information to help educate state and local officials and stakeholders about teacher retirement issues. Learn more about the collaboration with NIRS. Read
NRTA: AARP’s Educator Community is for 50+ adults with a passion for education and learning for life. Explore NRTA’s wide range of programs to engage your brain, share your talents and connect with others. NRTA membership is free for AARP members.
What Does Your Membership in NRTA: AARP's Educator Community Include?
- Benefits and Discounts – Access to health insurance, automobile insurance, homeowners insurance, and other services from AARP. Discounts on travel, online services, computers, music, and much more.
- Advocacy and Information – A voice in Washington, D.C., and in your state. NRTA and AARP represent you on issues like Medicare, Social Security, and consumer safety.
Advice for Living Well – By drawing on AARP resources, get expert advice on healthy living, financial planning, consumer protection, and caring for parents.
- Award-winning Publications – AARP The Magazine is packed with exciting features. Membership also provides you with access to the AARP Bulletin online that brings you the latest news and information.
- Community Service – Be part of a nationwide network of state and local Retired Education Educator Associations (REAs), volunteer for NRTA’s With Our Youth! Program , participate in our Educator Support Network, which have 2,700 local REAs. Participate in AARP Driver Safety courses, Tax-Aide help, and a wide-ranging volunteer network.
Discounts & Benefits
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members get a FREE Donut with the purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin Donuts.
Members can find current offers on select items from Family Dollar at myAFINITI.com.
Go Mobile with RealPad. Connect, play and share plus free 24/7 live customer support.
Brain boost? Get AARP email for access to memory exercises & more that help you focus.