- Discounts on travel and everyday savings.
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine.
- Free membership for your spouse or partner.
AARP National Policy Council Application Process
Note: the Adobe Acrobat reader is required for the electronic version of the form.
To Obtain the NPC Application Form
- Download the document;
- Request by email to email@example.com or;
- Write to AARP National Policy Council Nominating Committee, 601 E Street NW, Room T3-317, Washington DC 20049.
Submit to the electronic NPC mail box firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail.
To Be Considered, Qualified Applicants Must:
- Have experience developing and analyzing public policy issues;
- Have the ability and time to fully participate in the NPC;
- Be open to new and challenging concepts; and
- Be an AARP member (age 50 and over)
The NPC Nominating Committee screens, interviews and recommends candidates to the Board of Directors. Interviews of the final round of candidates will be conducted in April followed by the Board of Directors review and approval of NPC appointments in May.
February 29, 2012 - Applications Due
April, 2012 - Notification of Applicant Status
April, 2012 - Interview Selected Candidates
May, 2012 - Notification of NPC Nominees
If you have questions, please call the AARP Office of Policy Integration at 202.434.3720.
Discounts & Benefits
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 10% on the monthly service charge of qualified AT&T wireless plans.
Members pay $9.50 for Regal ePremiere Tickets purchased online.
Members earn points on select Walgreens-brand health and wellness products.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.