Picture Better Health.
Understanding the health care law, one piece at a time.
Providing a resource for those who want coverage options.
Health insurance exchanges are new marketplaces where you will be able to shop for health insurance. Starting in 2014, individuals and small businesses will be able to compare the benefits and costs of health plans side by side.
An exchange can help you
- Look for and compare private health plans
- Get answers to questions about your health coverage options
- Find out if you're eligible for health programs or tax credits that make coverage more affordable
- Enroll in and purchase a health plan that meets your needs
What this means for you
- For individuals and families, the exchange is a single place where you can enroll in and purchase private or public health insurance coverage.
- For small employers, the exchange is a way to level the playing field, where you have better choice of plans and insurers, the way larger employers do now.