AARP Foundation Opportunity Builders play an integral role in creating and advancing effective solutions that help vulnerable people age 50 and older secure the essentials. Opportunity Builders are true partners in our work and have the chance to see the impact of the programs they support. Moreover, they are afforded exclusive recognition, access to special events and the ability to network with Foundation staff, outside thought leaders and their peer Opportunity Builders. Opportunity Builders recognition is extended to those individuals whose cumulative giving to AARP Foundation totals $1,000 or more annually. Donors are recognized at one of four levels, renewed each year through continued giving.
Levels and Benefits
Please consider supporting AARP Foundation at the Opportunity Builder level that is right for you. By joining this committed group of change makers, you are making a social investment that will forever transform the landscape for older Americans in our country.
All of the benefits as listed in the below giving categories, plus:
- Opportunity to meet one-on-one with AARP Foundation’s president.
- Lifetime membership to AARP.*
- Ability to discuss additional benefits customized to best match your philanthropic interests and goals.
$2,500 - $4,999
All of the benefits as listed in the below giving category, plus:
- Your name inscribed on the Donor Wall at AARP Foundation headquarters (with your permission).
- Exclusive invitations to insiders’ briefings and other special events.
- Access to an AARP Foundation liaison to address your informational requests.
$5,000 - $9,999
All of the benefits listed in the below giving categories, plus:
- Opportunity to meet with key staff and see AARP Foundation’s mission in action through a site visit.
- VIP experience for special events.
$1,000 - $2,999
- Welcome packet that includes an Opportunity Builders certificate and a special donor survey.
- Public recognition as a leader in the fight to end senior poverty in America in our newsletter, the annual report, and at certain AARP Foundation events (with your permission).
- Special impact reports on AARP Foundation’s work.
- Access to Lasting Legacy materials and estate planning assistance.
- Access to a dedicated telephone number.