New Health Care Bill Threatens Protection of Preexisting Conditions. Take Action

En español | Yes. The program that helps people with Medicare who have a low income pay for their prescription drugs is called the Extra Help program. Here's how you can apply for Extra Help:

  • Apply online at
  • Call Social Security at 800-772-1213 (TTY 800-325-0778), to apply over the phone or to request an application
  • Apply at your local Social Security office

Hot Topics

    View More

    In Your City

    Your City Name

    Enter address, city, state, or ZIP code.

    Hide Filter Results
    Filter Results
    Distance (in miles)

      AARP In Your State

      Visit the AARP state page for information about events, news and resources near you.