AARP's free book Where We Live: Communities for All Ages highlights more than 100 initiatives that mayors nationwide have launched to improve their communities, respond to pressing issues, and build partnerships.
ORDER YOUR FREE PAPERBACK
- COMPLETE this form to order your free book.
- GET a PDF by emailing email@example.com with the subject line "Where We Live PDF." (Tell us how you heard about the book.) Our reply message will contain a link you can use to download a file for printing or reading on a computer or mobile device.
- DOWNLOAD the e-book Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Google Play or iTunes
- READ the chapters here on our website: Housing | Transportation | Environment | Opportunity | Health | Culture | Engagement | Neighborhood
TELL US ABOUT WHERE YOU LIVE
- COMPLETE the questionnaire at AARP.org/SharingLivableSolutions to provide a brief description of the project, feature, place or service that helps make your community livable for people of all ages.
The strategies gathered in Where We Live are just the tip of the iceberg of the creativity found in communities nationwide. The hope of AARP and author Nancy LeaMond, AARP Executive Vice President, Community, State and National Affairs, is that by spotlighting these efforts, we'll jar loose even more examples of how our nation's cities and towns can be more livable for people of all ages.
OUR OTHER INSIPIRING RESOURCES INCLUDE
- AARP Livability Fact Sheet Series (pictured)
- AARP Imagining Livability Collection
- AARP Livable Communities Slideshows
- AARP Livable Communities Interviews
- AARP Livable Communities How To's
- AARP HomeFit Guide
- AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities
- AARP Livable Communities A-Z Archives
The AARP Livability Fact Sheets series and the AARP HomeFit Guide are first-place winners in the Clearmark Awards and the Imagining Livability Design Collection received Platinum-level honors from the 2015 MarCom Awards.