Great Places Blog
aarp livable communities
By 2030, one in three Americans will be 50+. Is your community ready?
AARP has resources to help you make your community a great place for all ages. Explore this site to discover 1,000+ case studies, best practice examples, planning documents, and funding information to help you learn, plan, and act.
Learn more about AARP’s Livable Communities work.
- Discover what’s most important
- Understand changing demographics
- Find related research, organized by topic area
- Assess your community's key livability features
- Seek input and build public support through civic engagement
- Read sample community-improvement plans
- Read model ordinances and policy discussions
- Discover funding opportunities
- Links to more livability resources