The Driver Section is dedicated to information and resources for the driver. It includes information about how our bodies and minds change, and how to manage our driving and mobility.
driver safety courses
There are many ways to get around besides driving; however, finding the options in your area may sometimes be difficult.
Video: What Have We Learned
See a summary of the key lessons from AARP Driver Safety.
Watch more driver-related videos and learn ways to stay safe:
- It's All About Change (Video)
- Medications (Video)
- Vision & Hearing (Video)
- Perception & Driving (Video)
- Flexibility & Strength (Video)
- Our Changing Vehicles (Video)
- Fitting Your Car to You (Video)
- Understanding the Road (Video)
- Using Safe Driving Skills (Video)
- Handling Challenging Driving Situations (Video)
- Sharing the Road (Video)
- Assessing Yourself and Others (Video)
This program is supported by a generous grant from Toyota to AARP Foundation.
Use our tool to learn about new vehicle technologies that make driving safer, easier, and more enjoyable.
Practice your skills on six real-life interactive driving situations.
Enter your medications and supplements to see how they interact and may affect your driving.
Play our Traffic Law Game to test your knowledge in your state.
Answer driving skills questions and learn about a loved one's driving fitness.
Learn more about how exercise helps drivers stay safe.
Learn more here about a loved one limiting or stopping driving.
Locate an event near you to find out how well your car "fits" you.