Tennis legend and AARP Fitness Ambassador Martina Navratilova grew up in Czechnoslovaka and was 11 years old when Stonewall happened.
See also: AARP Pride Main Page.
"I didn't know about Stonewall, but that was the defining moment of our movement. I just saw [the film] 'Milk.' We cannot forget the past, because those people [were] so brave, and some paid with their lives—and still do in other countries."
MORE ON STONEWALL
- What Stonewall Means to Me. Read
- Hispanics Fight for LGBT Rights. Read
- Gay Rights Pioneer Remembers Stonewall. Listen
- Coming Out at 50. Read
- What Does Stonewall Mean to You? Read
- Martina Navratilova on Stonewall. Watch