- How did the national debt get to be so big?
- Who determines how much interest is paid on the national debt?
- Is there a limit on the national debt?
- What practical impact does the national debt have?
- Why can't the government just print more money to get out of debt?
- What is the public debt?
- How much has the public debt increased in recent years?
- How much U.S. debt is owned by foreign countries?
- Why is the president's budget request important?
- Why does the Congressional Budget Office prepare cost estimates?
- What's the difference between the debt and the deficit?
Discounts & Benefits
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
AARP® Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford offers members no-cost quotes.
Advice on saving for education from AARP® College Savings Solutions from TIAA-CREF.
Members can earn 3% cash back on purchases with the AARP® Credit Card from Chase.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.
Rewards for Good
Your Points Balance:
Earn points for completing free online activities designed to enrich your life.
Featured ways to earn points:
Redeem your points to save on merchandise, travel, and more.