One in three Americans is now age 50 or older — by 2030, one in five will be 65-plus. Will your state and local community be ready?
The materials listed below are organized by state.
Each title links to a one-page article about the state or community's action plan. The article also contains an optional PDF download of the complete report.
If you have suggestions for resources to add to this collection, let us know by emailing aarp.org/livable.
- See our other Livable Communities archives
- Alabama State Plan on Aging: 2014-2016, Alabama Department of Senior Services
- Alaska State Plan on Aging: 2011-2015, Alaska Commission on Aging
- Arizona State Plan on Aging: 2011-2014, Arizona Economic Security Division of Aging & Adult Services
- Arkansas State Plan on Aging 2011-2014, Arkansas Human Services Division of Aging & Adult Services
- California State Plan on Aging: 2013-2017, California Department of Aging
- Alameda County Area Agency on Aging Plan 2012-2016
- Area Plan for Aging Services 2012-2016, Lake and Mendocino Counties, California
- County of Orange Office on Aging Three Year Plan: 2012-2016
- Los Angeles County Area Plan on Aging 2012-2016
- Marin County Livable Community for Successful Aging Strategic Plan 2012-2016
- Monterey County Area Agency on Aging 2012-2016 Area Plan
- San Bernardino County Age Plan 2012-2016
- Sonoma County Area Agency on Aging Plan 2012-2016
- Colorado’s State Plan on Aging 2011-2015, Colorado Department of Human Services
- Connecticut State Plan on Aging 2011-2017 (Draft), Connecticut State Department on Aging
- Delaware State Plan on Aging 2012-2015, Delaware Health & Social Services, Services for Aging
- Florida State Plan on Aging: 2013-2016, Florida Department of Elder Affairs