1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
ALL AARP.ORG USERS SHOULD SEEK EXPERT MEDICAL CARE AND CONSULT THEIR OWN PHYSICIANS FOR ANY SPECIFIC HEALTH ISSUES. READ OUR FULL MEDICAL DISCLAIMER.
2. Am I Eligible To Participate? The AARP “You Inspire Us” Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older at the time of entry and who are registered and participating in the Fat 2 Fit Challenge. Employees of AARP, Gold’s Gym and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
3. How Do I Enter? The Contest will begin on April 15, 2009 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on June 15, 2009 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, first register online to join the The Fat 2 Fit community group during the Contest Period at http://www.aarp.org/community/groups/Fat2Fit and post entries on The Fat 2 Fit community page throughout the Contest Period. Be sure to complete all of the required information and follow instructions for submitting your registration. All entries and posts must be received by 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on June 15, 2009. Maximum one (1) registration per person. Posts may not contain material that is sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous, indecent, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by Sponsor and Judges in their sole discretion. The use of automated entries or programs or entries submitted by third parties is prohibited and such entries will be disqualified. To be eligible for a weekly prize you must post on the community during such week. All entries will become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and publish any or all of the Contest posts and may use them in any media without attribution or compensation to the entrant or any other person or entity. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. What Could I Win? Weekly Prize: Each weekly prize winner will win one (1) prize. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, such prize will be either Carole Carson’s book entitled “From Fat to Fit” (approximate retail value (“ARV” ) $10.00), or Martina Navratilova’s book entitled “Shape Yourself” (ARV $18.00) , or Leslie Samsone’s fitness DVD entitled “5k With a Twist” (ARV $15.00) or Leslie Samone’s fitness DVD entitled “Walk This Way” (ARV$15.00). Please note: To be eligible for a weekly prize you must post on the community during the previous week. For example, to be eligible for the May 11 2009 selection, you must post during the week of May 4 through May 10, 2009. (2) Grand Prizes: Each grand prize winner will win one (1) year long Gold’s Gym membership (ARV $400.00). Such one (1) year membership consists of twelve (12) consecutive months. With Sponsor’s approval, winner may assign the 1 year membership to another individual, provided such individual is a legal US resident who is over the age of 21 and he/she will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law).
5. How Will The Winner Be Selected? All posts of eligible entries will be judged by Carole Carson (the “Judge”). Weekly Prizes: On every Monday (starting on April 27, 2009), one weekly winner will be selected based on his/her posts from the previous week in accordance with the following criteria (“Criteria”): (i) role model for the entire community (33%); (ii) face and overcome challenges (33%); and (iii) capture the theme of Fat 2 Fit (33%). Grand Prizes: On or before June 18, 2009, the Judge will select two (2) grand prize winners based on his/her posts during the Contest Period in accordance with the aforementioned Criteria. In the event of a tie, the Judge will determine the winners by who scored the highest in the “capture the theme of Fat 2 Fit” criterion. Limit one (1) weekly prize and one (1) grand prize per person. For the avoidance of doubt, a weekly prize winner is eligible to win a grand prize.
6. When Will The Winner Be Notified? Winner will be notified on or about 24 hours after the selection at the email address provided on Winner’s registration form. Sponsor’s inability to reach Winner, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable and/or Winner’s failure to respond to a prize notification within 48 hours may result in his or her disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and the selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. What Other Terms Apply? Winner may waive his or her right to receive prize. With Sponsor’s approval the Prize may be assignable. No substitutions allowed by Winner. The Prize is subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within fourteen (14) days of date of personal delivery or sender’s postmark. Failure to timely sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in the Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes Winner’s consent to the Sponsor’s publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Contest judge which shall be final in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest. In the event the fairness or proper administration of the Contest is compromised by a virus, tampering or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. All AARP.org users should seek expert medical care and consult their own physicians for any specific health issues. Read our full medical disclaimer.)
8. Who Is The Sponsor? The Contest is sponsored by AARP. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest.
9. How Can I Request The Winner’s Name. For a copy of a list of winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “You Inspire Us Contest”, Office B5-610, AARP 610 E. Street, Washington, DC 20049. Requests for a list of winners must be received by November 1, 2009.
Next ArticleRead This