En español | Get answers to financial and legal questions that you may encounter as a caregiver - from powers of attorney to healthcare advance directives, and more.
- Legal checklist for caregivers: If you're a caregiver, part of your job may be to keep track of your loved one's legal affairs. And you probably know — or are learning — that it's a big responsibility.
- FAQ about power of attorney: Why is a power of attorney important? Everyone should think about having a power of attorney. Having one can be more important to your personal well-being than a will.
- Advance directives: Creating a living will and health care power of attorney: By thinking ahead and communicating treatment preferences early on, your loved one can prevent arguments and spare those close to him the anxiety of having to guess his wishes.
- Financial power of attorney: By creating a power of attorney, your loved one can designate someone to assist with finances now and/or act on her behalf should she become incapacitated.
- Managing someone else’s money: Help for agents under a power of attorney (PDF): The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s how-to resource for any family member serving as such an agent.
Next ArticleRead This