Concerned about the needs of older workers, AARP Florida commissioned a telephone survey in November 2007 of Florida residents age 40 and older who were employed.
- 7 in 10 workers say they are very satisfied with their job overall, and about 2 in 3 are very satisfied with their work hours and their boss
- 7 in 10 say their employer provides a defined contribution plan, but only 3 in 10 say their employer automatically enrolls employees into such a plan
- 9 in 10 full-time workers and 6 in 10 part-time workers receive health insurance
- 51% have calculated how much money they will need when they retire, and 6 in 10 of these respondents say they are saving enough for retirement
- 6 in 10 respondents plan to work beyond the normal Social Security retirement age
Woelfel Research conducted this survey for AARP in November 2007 among a random sample of 803 Florida workers age 40 and older. For more information, contact Terri Guengerich at 202-434-6306. (30 pages)