Skip to content

AARP Live shares tips on how to protect yourself before and after a natural disaster. Watch at 10 p.m. ET.


Can I change my mind within the 3 month period after I sign up?

Social Security will allow you to withdraw your application for retirement benefits during your first 12 months of entitlement. You cannot change your mind after that. You should contact the Social Security Administration for information on your options. You can speak with a Social Security representative by calling 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).

Submit a Question to AARP Experts

Didn’t see the answer to your question? Help us improve the tool by submitting your Social Security question. Go

Join the Discussion

0 |

Please leave your comment below.

You must be logged in to leave a comment.