Javascript is not enabled.

Javascript must be enabled to use this site. Please enable Javascript in your browser and try again.

Will Social Security Compensate For Underpayment? Skip to content

From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.


If Social Security miscalculates your benefit and underpays you for several years, do you get a back payment?

En español | Social Security will compensate you for the period you were underpaid. This compensation may be included in a number of monthly benefits until you are paid in full, or you may receive a one-time, lump-sum payment. Each situation is unique, so it's best contact the Social Security Administration directly to resolve your issue.

Published October 10, 2018

Join the Discussion

0 | Add Yours

Please leave your comment below.

You must be logged in to leave a comment.