You want to take good care of yourself and your family, but have lost the health insurance you had or do not have the coverage you need for all your health care concerns.
Finding a clinic and navigating program benefits may be confusing at best. The good news is that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) has identified helpful web-based tools to assist you.
Search Affordable Clinics: HRSA’s Online Find a Health Center Search Tool findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov
- Find a federally funded health center located near you.
- Search for health facilities by address, state, or county.
- If you need help with your search, contact the HRSA Information Center at the toll-free number,1-888-275-4772, to speak with an Information Specialist who will assist you.
- Information Specialists are available 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. EST, Monday–Friday.
Obtain Free or Reduced-Cost Health Care hrsa.gov/hillburton
- According the Hill-Burton Act, all health care facilities receiving government funds under Title XVI are required to provide free or reduced-cost health and clinical services to eligible individuals.
- Information packets are available by calling the Hill Burton Hotline 1-800-638-0742 (1-800-492-0359 in Maryland).
Discover Federal and State Assistance Programs for Older Americans: AARP Benefits QuickLINK aarp.org/quicklink
- The AARP Foundation has a benefits finder tool that allows you to search for a wide variety of federal and state level benefits programs.
- AARP Benefits QuickLINK focuses on benefits programs for older Americans.
- Benefits programs include food and prescription assistance.
Visit CreateTheGood.org for more opportunities, tools and ideas to help improve your community.
Get Help Obtaining Prescription Drugs: NeedyMeds.com
- NeedyMeds is a nonprofit database that helps patients locate low-cost prescription drug programs.
- Search by specific drug name to find what specific assistance programs are available for your prescription.
- Information is available for generic and brand name drugs.
Learn About Federal Government Benefits: GovBenefits.gov
- GovBenefits.gov is the official benefits website of the U.S. government with information on over 1,000 benefit and assistance programs.
- Benefits areas of focus include health care,
Medicare and Medicaid and disability assistance.